Chick Lit is ....
- fiction that, often humourously, explores issues of modern womanhood (whatever they are)
- features young adult women who are primarily career driven
- follows protagonists that are addicted to shopping and how they look
- may or may not include a romantic plot line
- written by women for women
- 'post-feminist' (any ideas on what that might be??)
After that rather futile effort, I still have only an inkling of what may, or may not, be officially tagged chick lit. But I'm in, anyway. This month will be devoted to books that I consider 'chick lit'. If you don't consider the books I read this month to fit into that category, so be it. Just don't give me any sass - as a 'post-feminist' woman (still don't know what it means but it sounds good) I'll do it my way.