20 July 2011

Why I Love ... Wednesday!

Why I Love ... Wednesdays is a meme hosted by Alexis over at reflections of a bookaholic. Each Wednesday is an opportunity to explore a different aspect of literature and why I love it. Today's topic: favorite genre.

If you follow my reviews, you will have noticed that I read all sorts of stuff. My favorite genre changes with the seasons and my moods and, sometimes, by whatever I am reading. I will say that I generally prefer fiction (although a good non-fiction story can capture me as well.). And I have a special spot in my reading heart reserved just for poetry.

True to form, I think I'll create a genre called 'well written' - that's my favorite. In 'well written' the author uses his/her words to actually paint a picture in my mind; the characters experience growth of some kind; there is movement in the plot; in the end I am moved by the story I have been told. There are many 'well written' books out there in every aisle of the library or book store. Check them out.

5 comments:

  1. Well put, Dana. That IS the best genre, something well written. If I'm swept away by beautiful writing I'll read just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I'd like to think it's the same for me...but I am kind of partial to fantasy. I do read different kinds of books, though! I just love the fantasy novels more, closely followed by science fiction!

    http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/07/why-i-lovefantasy-fiction.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm agree. The well written books can show me a faceted universe made of words, sentences and thoughts that I didn't know before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. The subject does seem to be growing out of hand for other bloggers recently. I sympathize with all bloggers with that problem. Also, interesting genre, 'well written.' Will have to check back later for that. :)

    Felicia @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect genre choice! Lol. I love how creative you are. Always.

    As always, thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to voice your opinion. We all have them. I'd love to hear yours. I try to respond to all comments so please check back if you are interested in that.