29 December 2011

Challenge Time

Well, 2011 is just about over and it's time to evaluate challenges. I must say, I enjoyed the alphabet challenge and managed to get all of the letters! The challenge was to read books which had a main character or supporting character whose name began with each letter of the alphabet. No crossovers! I also feel quite good about my goodreads challenge total which exceeded my prediction. This year I am much more excited about challenges and hope to incorporate a few into my reading schedule:
1) I will definitely be signing up again for the Goodreads challenge as soon as it is posted. This year I will try to challenge myself a bit more. 100 books seems like a reachable but not to easy goal.

2) SarahReadsTooMuch is hosting a classics challenge that I am very excited about. Inspired by FromKafkatoKindergaten I am pledging to read more classics this year and this challenge is just the impetuous I need. So here are the details and my list of chosen books:

Any 19th Century Classic: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Any 20th Century Classic: A Room With a View by E. M. Forster
Reread a classic of your choice: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
A Classic Play: Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
Classic Mystery/Horror/Crime Fiction: Dracula by Bram Stoker
Classic Romance: The Tale of Genji by Murasaki Shikibu

Read a Classic that has been translated from its original language to your language   - The Trial by Franz Kafka
Classic Award Winner  - The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass
Read a Classic set in a Country that you (realistically speaking) will not visit during your lifetime  -Cry, the Beloved Country by Alan Paton


3) AnAbundanceofBooks is hosting a challenge that speaks to a particular weakness of mine. The 2012 Picture Book Challenge. I am so excited about this one that I am flipping straight to the top. That's right. Level 3: read 24 picture books.

So, those are my reading goals for 2012. I hope you all have fun ringing in the new year.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for reading more Classics!! Thanks for joining the challenge!! I can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you signed up, it's always nice to know I'm not alone in my picture book love. :)

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to voice your opinion. We all have them. I'd love to hear yours. I try to respond to all comments so please check back if you are interested in that.