16 January 2012

TBR Tuesday

 


 Welcome to another TBR Tuesday: the day we take some time and explore our ever growing TBR piles. As you can see from the picture, my TBR pile is a literal pile and I supplement it with a list. I'd love to see what's on your TBR list so, if you write a TBR post, leave the link in the comments.

The majority of my TBR pile is fiction but today I thought I would spend some time spotlighting a non-fiction offering that sounds intriguing. The book is Through the Glass by Shannon Morony.

In my non-book life, I spend time volunteering as a victim advocate in my community. This means I spend my time helping victims of crime, and other nasty things, find their way through the court system and provide referrals to community services that might be helpful. I can't help but think of the silent victims of crime: the family and friends of the offender. Often these people are innocent and unaware of the criminal's nefarious deeds until an arrest is made. The fallout must be horrendous. The public ostracisation and guilt must be awful. How do these 'victims' get through it?

Shannon Morony is one of these people I wonder about. Her husband was arrested shortly after their marriage for assaulting and murdering two women. How did she get through the aftermath? Was anyone there to support her through the tough times? What was her experience? Reading her book should answer these questions for me. I am so interested to hear the other side of the story.

2 comments:

  1. Great book... I read it and being Canadian, it totally hit home.

    Here is my TBR Tuesday post

    Lindsay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one would be very interesting to read and I've been wanting to read more nonfiction.

    Here's mine!

    http://alternatereadality.blogspot.com/2012/01/tbr-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to voice your opinion. We all have them. I'd love to hear yours. I try to respond to all comments so please check back if you are interested in that.