About the Book:
Thanks to Janeira for answering a few questions for me.Soul Sisters is an urban fantasy novel about African-American twin sisters Ani and Dana who have a rather unique secret: one sister is human while the other is a vampire. While the sisters have lived peacefully with each other for many years one fateful night will change both their lives forever. When a drunken man tries to attack Dana (the human sister) Ani (the vampire sister) protects her sister with all of her ferocious power.
However, when the vampire’s leader Donovan finds out about the public display he calls for the sisters to be assassinated for disobedience. Ani and Dana now are in for the fight of their lives to protect each other as well as the lives of their dedicated friends who have joined them on their mission for survival. If Dana and Ani can make it through this time of uncertainty, Ani can take her new place as vampire queen. Soul Sisters is expected to be a trilogy; The book also features a multicultural cast of characters that brings a new edge of chic to the vampire world
1. You have said that you had a hard time naming your characters. (I think you did a marvellous job with Dana, of course) Is there a process or resource you used in naming the characters in Soul Sisters?
Hahah thanks! It was hard for me to decide because no name sounded right. There was really no process. When I thought of a name I tried saying it out loud. Ani and Dana sounded perfect from the moment I said them so they were my main characters names.
2. It is interesting to think of twins where one is a vampire and one human. Can you tell us how that comes about in the story – or will it be too much of a spoiler?
Unfortunately, that is a BIG spoiler LOL. You get a little hint of how that happens in the first book but it is not until the second book in the series you really get to know what is going on.
3. According to the press release, Soul Sisters involves a “multicultural cast of characters that brings a new edge of chic to the vampire world”. Who is your favorite character in the book?
Ani is definitely my favorite character. She is like my alter ego so; I can really have fun with her! Ani is really strong and bold (sometimes too bold) and she always speaks what is on her mind. I love that she is fearless! Sometimes it is hard for me to choose who my favorite between Ani and Dana is because they’re both a little piece of me.
4. Who do you see as the audience for your book?
Well I really made this book for people who wanted a vampire series with a multicultural cast. It is something I was frustrated with not seeing in the market so I decided to write one. My audience is also for women who want a little adventure along with some fashion chic qualities. If you enjoy aristocratic type vampires then this is the book for you!
5. Who would you say has been the biggest influence in your decision to write novels?
There are actually two people that influenced my decision to write. My father always wanted to write a novel but he dedicated so much time to taking care of his family that he was never able to write one. I dedicated my book to him because he had such a passion for telling stories, his dream became mines.
The other person is Stephanie Meyers. She got me reading again and falling in love with the vampire genre. Despite all the negativity people throw at the books, they got people reading again and loving vampires again. It truly put the thought in my head about writing my own vampire series.
6. Soul Sisters is the first in a trilogy. Do you have a time line for when book 2 might come out?
I’m half way through the second novel but I have so much going on in my life right now. I truly hope to have it out by the end of the year.
7. Do you have a web site or some way that fans can keep up with you?
I’m always on my blog (Beauty & Books), twitter or Facebook ! I always welcome comments, feedback whatever; I love hearing from people who read my book or are considering reading my book.
8. Finally, now that everyone is interested in reading Soul Sisters, can you tell us where it is available for purchase?
I sure hope it catches a lot of people’s eye. ;) My book is available in kindle form on Amazon and any digital form you like on Smashwords.
Try our slideshow maker at Animoto.
If you are interested in catching up with the rest of the tour (I know there are some giveaways going on), here's the schedule:
June 18-Burgandy Ice-interview
June 19 -Rachelle Nicol'-guest post
June 20-Lets Book It-interview
June 21-Danita Minnis-guest post
June 24-Indie Author How to-guest post
June 26-Mommys Read To Much-Excerpt
June 27-Indie Corner-guest post
June 28-Radiant Light-guest post
June 29-Book Zone-giveaway+Excerpt