5 July 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


The End Is NearI am loving the sarcastic humour in the book I am currently reading. The book is "The End is Near" by Harry Ramble. For today's teaser, I have chosen the first few lines of the book.

"The first Angel of Death came to me on my seventh day here. My seventh conscious day, I should say. I woke from a sweaty, haunted nap and there she was, sitting in the wooden chair by the door."

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a teaser!

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm intrigued. Now I have to check this one out on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seventh conscious day. How many days were they unconscious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @"Confuzzled" Shannon - You'll have to read it and find out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my idea of a teaser! It really makes me want to read more. I'm a sucker for humor and a unique and distinct writing style, though. =) Thanks for sharing!

    -Miss GOP
    www.thewritingapprentice.com

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to voice your opinion. We all have them. I'd love to hear yours. I try to respond to all comments so please check back if you are interested in that.