10 October 2011

Kill a Turkey and Celebrate!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. It is the day we celebrate the harvest and all that we have to be thankful for before the snow flies and we hit -40C for weeks at a time (that's when we usually forget everything we have to be thankful for!) So, in the spirit of the day - and before my 23 dinner guests show up - I'd like to share a few things I am truly thankful for:
  1. Family and friends should go without saying - but I also include all of you who have become a part of my life through this blog. I wouldn't recognize most of you to see you but each of you has made my life fuller and happier.
  2. That I CAN read. So many can't. And that I have access to all the books I could ever hope to devour!
  3. Sunshine, Blue skies, Colourful leaves, and Brisk air - even if it does mean winter is just around the corner!
  4. A warm home that is filled with love, laughter, good people and pets.
OK, I could go on forever but I do have those 23 guests to cook for so I need to run. I hope you all have lots in your lives to be thankful for as well. It would make my day if you'd all leave a comment telling me one or two of those things.


HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

4 comments:

  1. 23 guests!! o_O
    Take care now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course family is at the top of the list...but I am also thankful for my hobbies and crafty time. Being a momma to little kids at the moment I need me time once in awhile to keep my sanity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Cooking for 23. I can barely cook for two :( I'm quite thankful for my family, my good health, and for you and my other blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 23 people? You are ambitious! I didn't know about Thanksgiving day in Canada. I must say, I learned something new! Hope it was tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to voice your opinion. We all have them. I'd love to hear yours. I try to respond to all comments so please check back if you are interested in that.